flyingzumwalt

Monday, December 08, 2008

Inauguration Day: I won't be in the UK

I had planned to attend the UK & Ireland Fedora Users Meeting next month, but the meeting will be on the same day as Barack Obama's inauguration as President of the United States. I can't bring myself to leave.

In recent years, I've been out of the country a lot. January 20 2009 is one day that I truly can't justify being anywhere but home in the US to witness and celebrate a wonderful moment in history. I was in Scotland when Bush declared war on Iraq and it was infuriating. I want to be in the states to witness what I hope is, at last, the beginning of that war's end.

For those who have not already seen it, I think this video sums up a few of the feelings I have about Obama's poignant victory.


For a listing of the lyrics and guest appearances (with time tags), check out the YouTube page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home